Friday, August 28, 2009

Bad Days!

Why is it when you think things seem to be going ok you are hit with a bad day. It comes out of nowhere or so it feels and sucker punches you right in the gut. Today was one of those days and it really made me feel truly low and almost a little pathetic. Don't ask me why it had such an impact as I'm really not sure but did I feel it by the early evening.

So I'm sure my 5am wake up after a small amount of sleep did not help the situation but in order to be at work on time and take care of the puppies it was necessary. To be honest it really didn't feel too bad waking up at 5am but at 6am when I reversed out of my drive way straight into my neighbors car I knew the day was going down the drain!! The sound of crunching cars is not pleasant and I truly recommend that people don't experiment to find out. Stopping everything I decided to check it out before heading on to work. The damage didn't seem too bad on either car so I continued on to work. My rear fender is pretty much cracked and needs to be replaced and my neighbor has some dings. I want to let everyone know that I didn't just hit and run but I felt at 6am he wouldn't appreciate me waking him up to say "hey, good morning; I reversed into your car". I did however call and leave a message letting him know that I would stop by after work and check if there was any damage I had missed.

So I head into work and run my tail off! Sometimes its easier than delegating if you follow my drift. Lunch was a chance for me to eat and nap and then woo hoo only 2 hours left before I could head home or so I thought. The sun was shining on me today that's for sure as 20 minutes before I'm heading out the door to my friends graduation; I was told my lead therapist someone I truly respect and feel is awesome; hurt his back and needed to head home. They gave me the option to stay and help which would be fine any other night. The problem can you really say no to someone who looks crippled? The answer "No" or at least I can't! So close to 12 hours later I headed out the door for my hour drive home, needless to say subdued would be an understatement.

A few glasses of wine, some pizza and radishes, good company and the chance to write it all down I'm feeling a little better. Now for additional company to arrive and I'll be set to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment